Monday, October 4, 2010

Late Nights

The windy day seemed to linger forever yesterday.  One of those peculiar days where its impossible to be warm or cool. You just get sucked into the transition between comfort and despair. I ended the afternoon with some friends in a nearby town, which is not big enough to even be worth mentioning. A friendly young couple with two young children. I also met a new friend I had met through a social network at their home.
As the afternoon dwindled into evening, I slowly got to know my new acquaintances through laughter and the occasional stab at ones unfortunate anatomy. It was one of those random get togethers, where conversation turns from movies, to hermaphrodites, and none of the conversationalists remembers how the topic changed.
As the girls talked and gossiped about what their friends were saying and doing, us guys just laughed quietly to ourselves at the irony of it all. Girls get mad about their friends talking about them "behind their backs" (Who coined this phrase? When someone behind me is talking, I can still hear the imbecile.), yet in their upset and irrational state of mind they do the same thing in return. Women live their lives in a vicious, self destructive social circle.
I don't mean to speak ill of women. I have many close female friends. This handicap is not their fault. It is bred into their blood by soap operas and magazine articles on "How to tell if your man is cheating". According to said articles, if a man gets too preoccupied with work, and realizes it much too late so buys his lady-friend flowers to just show that he cares, he is diddling another woman. The stress that women add to their lives hurts my soul.
The laughter lingered late into the evening and some good times will be remembered. I look forward to the next meeting of these random souls in this over-sized village. As we closed the party, I began to look inward at my own problems once more. These problems that plague me deeper than I could describe in any one session.
To move on from calendar past, I awoke at exactly five a.m. to a cat pissing on my feet. I see now why some cultures eat these conniving creatures. Their wicked eyes watch as they plot what horrific experience they could put you through next. My dog happened to be sleeping at my side through this vulgar display, and didnt seem to care. Some guard dog.
So I awoke too early, on the wrong side of the bed and pissed ON. Was this the highlight of my day? Perhaps. I am drinking plenty of fluids through the day and studying the sleeping habits of this wicked animal. My revenge will be sweet and the beast will never forget. As I sip at my Vitamin water and hold my breath, I bid you farewell. Remember, the human nature is in itself, irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment