Monday, August 1, 2011

All About Change...?

Is change the shifting of one situation to another? Or is it the stuff you always find in between the couch cushions? Amazingly, change is the one thing people fear the most. I have seen people cower from the idea of change, or get excited by the notion of it. Change is inevitable. The more we try to hide from it, or deny it, or delay it, the faster it will come and sweep us off our feet. As inevitable as change is, it is still in our control. we decide how we handle the changes coming our way, and we decide what about us needs to be different. Some people live monotonous lives, repeating the same actions day after day, and some of us strive for differences in out world on a daily basis. The unfortunate ones who hide from change, refuse to make decisions, or deny changes within ourselves are the demons who draw us back from our futures. In the past 2 years, I have personally experienced so many changes in my life, that it has drastically changed who I am. I have lost weight, been through a divorce, was left standing alone in the end of 2 horribly unhealthy relationships, had medical problems for the first time in my life, moved 6 times, lost everything I had, gained everything back, been homeless, jobless, used, and abused. I have committed offenses against my loved ones, made the biggest mistakes of my life, started school, become a father, and am soon to be married. Dealing with change can be hard, but if you man up and make some decisions, you will end up exactly where you are meant to be. The more you settle for what you have, the more you are in denial of change. This is betrayal to yourself and all of those around you. Take a chance once in a while, I guarantee you will always be pleased with the final results. How have I dealt with the changes in my life? I look at it this way.. Life isnt about how much money you have or how many people admire you or want to be your friend. It is about the relationships you have with the few people that will be around you in the end. It is about the trials we endure, the people we actually influence and the changes we create in the world, and the changes the world creates in us. It's all about the journey.. Man... I have made some horrible choices in the last 2 years, but there is no where I would rather be than where my life is at this moment. Im surrounded by people who actually love me for all the right reasons, and who I love for all the right reasons. I have a family. I have children who will look up to me and will be influenced by the choices that I have made and the lessons I have learned. I am giving them the opportunity to change this world for the better. To those who think this is hopeless, those who think they are too small to have any effect, try sleeping in a room with a single mosquito. There is much to learn from that little bastard. Keep at it. And for God's sake, keep it weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment